Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Sweet Boy

Who knew having a baby would put such a damper on my blogging? haha
I can hardly believe it has been over 4 months since my little guy made his appearance, but it truly has!
I don't even know where to start... I suppose the beginning is a good place.

Monday July 16th, 2012:
After visiting the hospital on Saturday and making some progress, labor stopped and I was sent home. I waited out the contractions all through Sunday and by now I was ready to go. I woke up and ate and walked around and then around 11:00 we made our way back to the hospital. I was so upset to learn that I had not made any progress when I got there because I was really just ready for the baby to come. Luckily, my water broke a little at the hospital and by 1:00 I was getting my IV set up. Little Baby Michael didn't come for another 12 hours.
I can hardly believe he was ever so small!

Monday July 17th, 2012:
Michael II was born at 12:53a.m. He weighed 7lbs 6 oz and was 21 inches long. He had a full head of hair and was the most precious thing in the whole world. He slept with Daddy and Mommy in the hospital room that night and didn't make a peep. (What an angel!) The next night, not so much... he cried a lot!

okay.... FAST FORWARD...
Mommy and baby after a fun night out with Daddy!
Today December 2, 2012:
Michael had his 4 month check up and immunizations this passed week. He weighs 15lbs 7oz! That is over twice his birth weight!!! He is now just shy of 26 inches tall. He is in the 80th percentile in height, 55% on weight, but only like 30% in head size... yeah, he has a small head!

Here are some of Michael's tics and tricks:
-He has a plethora of nicknames. Most used are Buddy and Gooster. Gooster is the made up name Daddy gave him because he always honks like a goose, and has a mohawk like a rooster...thus Gooster was born!
-He loves tummy time and rolling.
-He sleeps the first half of the night in his crib, but after he eats at like 3:00, he makes his way into our bed. (Thank heavens for our King-size bed.)
-When he sleeps with us, he takes up the most bed he can or snuggles as close to you as possible.
-Sure fire way to put him to sleep? Back massage. He likes it when anyone does it, but he always seems to find his way into Daddy's lap for a back massage and falls asleep there.
-He is a ginger... if it stays that way he may just become my little gingersnap! ;)
-He loves to play and is so happy when you play with him.
-His favorite song is "Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam" but only when I sign it while singing.
-He is a little drool-box. Even the nurse at the doctor's office called him that.
-All around, he is the best, most happy, most wonderful baby around. (I may be biased though)
Did I mention he LOVES pulling all sorts of hair! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment